|X1. X2 visa|
X1 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.
X2 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.
(1) Passport and Passport photocopy: original passport with at least one blank visa page and valid for at least 6 months, and a copy of bio-data page of the passport.
(2) A signed and completed Visa Application Form and a signed Confirmation of Online Visa Application.
(3) A photo which must be:
·Taken in front of a plain white background
·Face centred looking straight
·Taken within the last 6 months
(4) Proof of residency status: Non-Australians need to submit evidence of legal residence in Australia, such as VEVO or ImmiCard.
(5) Previous Chinese passport or Chinese visa: If you have obtained a Chinese visa before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's bio-data page, as well as the page with a previous Chinese visa. Applicants who used to have Chinese citizenship and have obtained foreign citizenship should submit the original previous Chinese passport and a copy of its bio-data page while applying for a Chinese visa for the first time. If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, an official Certificate of Name Change should also be submitted.
(6) X1 visa
A. Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
B. Original and photocopy of Visa Application for Study in China Form (Form JW201 or Form JW202)
(7) X2 visa
Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
(8) Other supplementary documents requested by the Consulate-General of China in Sydney.
How to apply
(1) Ordinary passport holders need to submit visa applications to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney. For more information, please refer to the website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney.
(2) Diplomatic or Official (Service) passport holders need to submit visa applications to the Consulate-General of China in Sydney directly.
(1) Standard service: the visa will be ready for collection on the fourth working day;
(2) Express service: the visa will be ready for collection on the third working day (subject to approval).
Please note that the applications would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and the processing time may be longer than 4 working days.
Please refer to http://www.visaforchina.org/SYD_EN/ .
(1) All the information should be filled truly, clearly and completely.
(2) The applicant should bear all the responsibilities for the truthfulness of submitted materials including passport, application form, photo, etc.
(3) The Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney would notify the applicant if an interview is requested by the Consulate-General of China in Sydney, and the applicant must attend the interview in person.
(4) The consular officer will make decisions on a case-by-case basis.
(5) Holder of X1 Visa shall apply for Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People's Republic of China from the Exit/Entry Administrations of local Public Security within 30 days from the date of entry.
(6) According to the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, China does not recognize dual citizenship for any Chinese citizen. Chinese citizens who have settled in a foreign country will automatically lose Chinese citizenship if they have obtained foreign citizenship.
(7) Please collect the visa in time. The visa will be canceled if it is not collected within three months from the collection date and will affect future applications.
Any change to the above information is subject to the authoritative explanation of the Consulate-General of China in Sydney.