|Visa for HKSAR of China|
1. Australian and New Zealand passport holders may visit HKSAR without visa for a short visit and stay in HKSAR for up to 90 days. But they need to apply for a visa before making trips if they intend to stay in HKSAR for more than 90 days or visit HKSAR for employment, permanent residency, performance or exhibition,or for studies,training,working holiday. Please refer to https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/index.html for more information.
2. Foreign citizens who do not meet the requirement of visa exemption, or intend to stay longer than the visa free time limit granted by HKSAR are required to apply for visa. For further information, please refer to the website of the Immigration Department of the Government of HKSAR: https://www.immd.gov.hk
3. Foreign citizens who intend to visit China's mainland and HKSAR at the same time,must apply for a visa for China's mainland and a visa for HKSAR separately,if they do not meet the requirements of visa exemption.
4. Visas for HKSAR
A. Visa Application Form should be filled out truthfully and completely. Please refer to https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/hk-visas.html for Application Form.
B. For photo requirements, please refer to https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/residents/immigration/traveldoc/photorequirements.html for more information.
C. Other supplementary documents requested by the Immigration Department of HKSAR. Please refer to https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/hk-visas.html for more information.
How to apply
(1) The applicant could submit the visa application at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Sydney or to the Immigration Department of the Government of the HKSAR directly.
(2) As of 1 May 2019, applicants who hold ordinary passports and apply for visas for HKSAR need to submit their visa applications to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney (https://bio.visaforchina.org/SYD2_EN/), rather than to the Consulate-General of China in Sydney.
The address and contact details of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney are as follows:
Address:Level 1, 140 William Street,Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011, Sydney
(1) For all the visas that could be issued by the Consulate-General of China in Sydney:
A. Standard service: the visa will be ready for collection on the fourth working day;
B. Express service: the visa will be ready for collection on the third working day (subject to approval).
(2) If an application is required to be referred to the Immigration Department of the Government of HKSAR for processing, it normally takes about a month. The express service is not applicable to this application.
For more information, please consult the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Sydney.
Visa Fees and Payment
(1) Please fill out the visa application form truthfully, completely and clearly. Please be aware that the processing time would be delayed and your application would probably be refused if you provide incomplete or fraudulent documents.
(2) Visa applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
5. Contact Information of Immigration Department of HKSAR
Address:Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Fax: 00852-2877 7711