|Notice on Fingerprints Collection of Visa Applicants|
1. According to relevant Chinese laws and regulations, and with reference to international practice, starting from 8th February 2021, the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney and Sydney Chinese Visa Application Service Center will start collecting ten fingerprints of all applicants applying for Chinese visas.
2. Exemptions for the fingerprint requirements are granted to:
I. Applicants under the age of 14 or over 70;
II. Applicants holding a diplomatic passport or eligible for application of diplomatic, service or courtesy visa of China;
III. Applicants who have had fingerprints collected and have obtained Chinese visa with the same passports within 5 years;
IV. Applicants with all ten fingerprints unable to be collected.
3. Please be noted that all applicants in New South Wales are requested to go to the Sydney Chinese Visa Application Service Center in person for fingerprints collection. Applicants shall bear all the legal consequences including denial of entry for forged fingerprints or using other people's fingerprints for visa application.
4. The Consulate-General kindly requests all visa applicants to fill in and print the online application form (http://bio.visaforchina.org/SYD2_EN/), and submit passports and other required documents to the Sydney Chinese Visa Application Service Center with the printed complete application form and signed Confirmation of Online Visa Application.
5. The current eligibility criteria and the procedures of visa applications remain unchanged until further notice.